As organizations evaluate or embark on VDI projects they should see storage as an enabler, not a deterrent. But the road to VDI is littered with companies that raised a white flag and abandoned their plans. That's because legacy storage imposes high costs, both capital expense and IT time. Not Tintri. Hundreds of companies use our technology as the backbone of their VDI initiatives-we have never had a failed VDI implementation. When you can see and act at the VM level, you get predictable VDI performance:
If your VDI effort is in progress, on hold or struggling in practice, let Tintri accelerate your plans. Storage should never be the bottleneck or a blocker of VDI; it should be frictionless and simple. See the beauty of VM-level visibility, cross-infrastructure latency and clean analytics-ensure VDI success.
Cost-effective, predictable performance without storage complexity
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) should deliver secure, cost effective remote access to desktops and applications, but is often stymied by storage performance, complexity and cost:
- Small random-write workloads, boot storms and antivirus scans can cripple legacy storage systems in environments with hundreds of VMs.
- Existing systems cannot isolate or monitor VM performance, making it difficult to identify and correct performance problems.
- Overprovisioning storage is often necessary, but drives up costs significantly.
As a result, many enterprises have either scaled back or abandoned VDI deployments.
The Tintri flash-based architecture provides consistent, predictable performance required for successful VDI deployments. With a VM-aware architecture, Tintri provides a simple to manage, cost-effective storage platform that meets the performance demands of hundreds of VMs with:
- Predictable VM performance. The Tintri file system delivers performance for each VM out of Flash, without manual configuration or VM placement.
- Lowest cost per VM. Inline deduplication and data compression makes flash highly efficient and cost-effective. Easily run up to 1,000 virtual desktops on a single appliance.
- Instant performance bottleneck visualization. Real-time VM and vDisk-level insight on IO, throughput, end-to-end latency and other key metrics enables rapid VDI performance diagnosis.
Tintri VMstore overcomes the limits of traditional storage. IT can easily support hundreds of desktop VMs on a single 3U appliance, with easy scalability to thousands of desktops with linear growth of the infrastructure.