Tintri for Microsoft Hyper-V
Tintri VMstore is designed from the ground up for virtualized environments and the cloud. Global enterprises have deployed hundreds of thousands of VMs on Tintri storage systems which run Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, SAP, VDI workloads, and business critical applications such as Active Directory, and private cloud deployments.
Tintri is optimized for superior performance and reliability in Hyper-V environments. With native Microsoft Server Message Block (SMB) 3.0 and integration with Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM), Tintri enables key capabilities for enterprise workloads such as Transparent Failover and High Availability (HA).
Tintri offers VM-level visibility and control, which offers Microsoft customers a dramatically simplified experience to virtualize business-critical Microsoft enterprise applications and desktops and accelerates private cloud deployments. Support for SMB 3.0 functionality such as Offloaded Data Transfers (ODX) allows efficient resource utilization allowing users to experience the efficiency of Tintri per-VM cloning technology directly from SCVMM.
Smart Storage Means Real Benefits
Tintri is the only hypervisor agnostic storage platform with VM-awareness and adaptive learning capabilities to support mixed workloads-servers, VDI, dev & test-concurrently on a single Tintri VMstore.
- Set-up in less than ten minutes. Lower CAPEX by 10X and OPEX by 60X compared to traditional storage.
- Administrators manage virtual machines and vDisks instead of LUNs and volumes- eliminate any complex configuration or ongoing tuning.
- Automate and control up to 32 VMstores and over 100,000 VMs centrally
- Seamlessly scale virtualized environments from hundreds of VMs to thousands of VMs without additional storage provisioning.
- Complete control over storage quality of service (QoS) at a VM-level, independent of capacity. Eliminate the guesswork in traditional QoS design & delivery with visualization of performance resources & contention at a VM-level.
- Easily create hundreds of high performance, zero-space VM clones to speed up VM provisioning for VDI and development & test workloads.
- Automate processes and workflows using PowerShell and REST API.
- Instantly identify performance hot spots at the hypervisor, network and storage levels with comprehensive end-to-end performance and bottleneck visualization.
- Quickly protect and recover applications with customizable policies at a VM-level via space and performance efficient VM consistent snapshots.
- Deploy affordable per-VM data protection and disaster recovery with WAN-efficient replication reducing WAN bandwidth usage by as much as 95 percent with global deduplication and compression.
Architectural view of the Tintri hypervisor-agnostic operating system
Five Things to Know About Tintri for Hyper-V
- Tintri is the industry's first and only hypervisor agnostic application-aware storage for Hyper-V deployments.
- Tintri dramatically reduces CAPEX and OPEX costs for large scale virtualized environments with an architecture that delivers all-flash performance with superior economics.
- Run Hyper-V VMs alongside other hypervisor VMs on a VMstore system with VM-level data management across the entire infrastructure.
- Tintri smart storage can guarantee VM-level performance. It learns and adapts to mixed workloads but also allows complete control over the Quality of Service (QoS) at a VM-level, independent of capacity.
- Run multiple workloads - VDI, servers, dev & test - on a single system while ensuring consistent sub-millisecond latencies across all applications.
Five Things You Won't Miss When Using Tintri for Hyper-V Instead of Other Storage Platforms
- The CAPEX and OPEX required for overprovisioning storage systems to meet performance requirements in virtualized environments.
- The inability to support mixed workload types without carving our LUNs and setting manual performance policies on each.
- The days or weeks of time spent in configuring, managing, and troubleshooting virtualized environments using legacy storage LUN and volume storage constructs.
- Expensive, wasted storage due to over-provisioning and inefficient LUN and volume level data management (snapshots, clones, and replication).
- The inability to support mixed hypervisor environments on a storage system efficiently while ensuring high performance across the entire infrastructure.
Download the Tintri for Microsoft Hyper-V Datasheet (PDF).